VuMap allow users to create measurement for point or polygon features, create features will have the length displaced along each segment and polygon features will include perimeter and area calculation. The distance are calculated using the Haversine formula to determine the great-circle distance between two points on a sphere given their longitudes and latitudes and can result in an error of up to 0.5%
Steps to Create a Measurement
- Select the measurement tool and select the measurement type, line or polygon
- Define the measurement by clicking on the map, note that each segment length is displayed in the Measurement Table, if needed the unit of measure can be changed. Double click to finish drawing the feature.
- Once the measurement has be completed use the Continue button to draw another measurement or use the Finish button to complete the measurement.
- Add a name to describe your measurement and modify the style. Change the units of measure by selecting the desired unit from the drop down menu. By default the distances and total areas are used to label the measurement.
- Once saved the measurement will be displayed showing the defined style with measurements.